Traffic Complaint Report
Welcome to the Toronto Police Service Traffic Complaint Online Reporting system. If this is an EMERGENCY, please call 911.
The Traffic Complaint Report provides citizens with a means to report either:
- A specific Driving Complaint.
- A Local Neighbourhood Traffic Issue or Concern.
Examples of a Traffic Complaint includes dangerous or unlawful driver behaviour such as speeding, unsafe lane changes, disobeying traffic lights and stop signs qualify. A Local Neighbourhood Traffic Issue or Concern may be on-going and also involve occurring on specific days and/or at specific times.
Once a submission is received by the Toronto Police Service, the information will be reviewed by a police officer for follow-up action or, if deemed appropriate, a letter will be sent to the owner of a vehicle outlining the date, time and location of the incident. The letter will also include important messages encouraging the owner to ensure all who drive their vehicles do so in a safe and responsible manner.
The Traffic Complaint Report may be used in instances where:
- No collision has occurred. If the incident resulted in a collision, please call the police for further instructions.
- The suspect driver is not known to you. If the identity of the driver is known, call the police.
- The suspect's licence plate number was obtained. A brief description of the vehicle is also required to validate the licence plate information. (For specific driving complaint incidents).
- There is a continuous neighbourhood driving complaint where a specific location, day(s) and time(s) of the issues can be supplied for follow-up action.
A detailed description of the incident should be submitted. Providing as much information as possible will help to ensure that action will be taken against the suspect vehicle owner.
It is recommended that you directly contact the police service for the area or city in which the occurrence took place.
Online Reporting Criteria:
- You MUST have a valid email address.
- You MUST disable your computer's pop-up blocking software before you proceed.
It is a criminal offence to cause police to enter into, or continue an investigation which is false or misrepresented. By submitting this form you agree to all the facts contained therein.
Click here to START a Driving Complaint Report
Click here to START a Local Neighbourhood Traffic Issue or Concern Report
Citizens Online Police Reporting System Main Page